- At PCS PreK-8 art is integrated into what is being learned in the classroom.
- The purpose of art education is to challenge students to express ideas in and through a variety of media and to praise God through their unique interpretations of His world.
MediaCenter (Library & Technology)
- The school is equipped with an extensive library of fiction and non-fiction material that complements our curriculum. Students visit the library weekly and are able to check out books for personal use. Additional library visits are scheduled by the teacher.
- Internet accessible computers stations are available for student use. 5th - 8th grade students participate in technology classes weekly. Students will learn to produce letters, articles, stories, and documents with the use of word processing software that also includes graphics.
- Pre-K through 8th grade students are involved in vocal music classes twice a week, which includes music theory and history.
- Choral: 5th - 8th grade classes participate in combined choirs with more challenging material.
- Instrumental music schedule:
- Music Appreciation class is offered to those students not involved with band class.
- Music curriculum includes two concert performances (winter / spring). Attendance by students is required and participation is mandatory.
- 4th grade: recorders (required)
- 5th grade: beginning band (required)
- 6th - 8th grade: advanced band (optional)
- K - 8th grade students participate in weekly physical education classes.
- Curriculum is designed to teach students fundamental skills about sports, health issues, and development of the entire body through movement.
- A yearly track day event is held for K - 8th grade students.
- 5th - 8th grade students are required to wear P.E. uniforms. Students will receive a locker to store their attire.
- The physical education program at PCS PreK-8 is designed according to the Christian Schools International Curriculum Guide.
- 7th and 8th grade students have the opportunity to be involved in the student council, an elected group of student leaders with a teacher as advisor. They organize various opportunities for our student body to give back to the community.
- Over the past years they have organized a canned food drive, Operation Christmas Child, and a hospital toy drive.
- Our 7th and 8th grade students participate in the yearbook production throughout the school year. They are involved with taking pictures, setting up pages, and designeing the front cover of the book.