- At PCS PreK-8, art is not only integrated into what is being learned in the classroom but also expanded on through the study of different art techniques. Students study a variety of artists and the mediums they use through the course of their education.
- Our purpose in art education is to challenge students to express ideas in and through a variety of media and to praise God through their unique interpretations of His world.
Library & Technology
- The school is equipped with an extensive library of fiction and non-fiction material that complements our curriculum. Students visit the library weekly and are able to check out books for personal use.
- Our school is equipped with a computer lab for student use. In addition, all students have access to a Chromebook for use in the classroom as directed by their teachers during the school day.
- Pre-K through 8th grade students are involved in vocal music classes twice a week, which includes music theory and history.
- Choral: 5th – 8th grade classes participate in combined choirs with more challenging material.
- Instrumental music schedule:
- 4th grade: recorders (required).
- 5th grade: beginning band (required).
- 6th – 8th grade: advanced band (optional)
- Music curriculum includes two concert performances (winter / spring). Attendance by students is required and participation is mandatory.
- K – 8th grade students participate in weekly physical education classes. 5th – 8th grade students are required to wear P.E. uniforms.
- Curriculum is designed to teach students fundamental skills about sports, health issues and development of the entire body through movement.
- A yearly track day event is held for PreK – 8th grade students.
- 7th and 8th grade students have the opportunity to be involved in the student council, an elected group of student leaders with a teacher as an advisor. They organize various opportunities for our student body to give back to the community and increase school spirit.
- Our 7th and 8th grade students participate in the yearbook production throughout the school year. They are involved with taking pictures, setting up pages, and designing the front cover of the book.
- Kindergarten through 8th grade have weekly Spanish language instruction.
- The Spanish language instruction is administered through Rosetta Stone.