At PCS PreK-8, upper elementary students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of extra-curricular activities in which they can use their God-given gifts and abilities.
- Our students have the opportunity to take part in the following academic competitions throughout the year: Spelling Bee, Math Olympics and Geography Bee.
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
- Junior high students who meet the academic requirements may apply for membership in the National Junior Honor Society after the first quarter of seventh or eighth grade.
- Students are evaluated on scholarship, leadership, service, character, and citizenship. Inductions occur during the month of November.
- 5th – 8th grade students who meet the eligibility requirements may participate in a competitive sports program involving other Christian and public schools who are members of the Cactus Christian School League.
- Sports offered are soccer (co-ed), volleyball (girls), cross country (girls and boys), and basketball (girls and boys).
- Students involved must meet eligibility requirements as outlined in the school handbook.
- Theatre is offered in the second semester for 7th – 8th grade students. There is opportunity for acting roles as well as involvement in setup, costumes, and make-up.
- Commitment is mandatory for those who participate.